We are advocates for greater housing availability and affordability. We strive to educate about housing issues affecting the residents, businesses, workforce, and civic leaders in Ventura County. Please check back to our website often for news, special events, and important local issues.
Contact: Karen Fraser, Executive Director
P,O. Box 191, Camarillo, CA 93011
info@vcHOME.org or 805-216-2235
501(c)(3) nonprofit #20-4616988
WHAT'S HAPPENING !
Housing Issues Forum: Wed., May 8, 2019, 8:00-10:00 am
The Intersection of Health Care and Housing
@ the Camarillo Library Community Room, 4101 Las Posas Road, Camarillo
This forum helps to understand the intersection of two distinct sectors, health care and housing, addressing the following questions:
• How is housing an important determinant of health?
• What is the relationship between homelessness/poor housing and physical/mental health?
• What are the barriers to improved health in various vulnerable populations?
• What resources are available to provide healthy homes to those most in need?
• How can we bring together health care and affordable housing communities?
• What effect does policy have on health care and housing? What changes are needed?
There will be a small panel presentation and discussion about health care and housing, with
• Dr. Saqi Cho (Director of Research, Policy, and Health Promotion, National Center for Health in Public Housing)
• Susan White Wood (Housing Manager, County of Ventura Health Care Agency, Behavioral Health)
17th Annual Housing Conference:
October 17, 8:00 am-12:45 pm
VC Office of Education Conference Center
5100 Adolfo Road, Camarillo, CA 93012